TBT’s drawing I did in honor of The Addams Family which we could learn a thing or two from them.
Family can be a headache at times. Hate to admit it but I’ve avoided calls from my own blood lines. I enjoy my alone time so breaks are needed, because let’s face it we can get tired of family….for most of our years they have been a part of our lives.
BUT I believe we were each chosen a family for a reason. Reason being to learn more about ourselves, to learn what we want to do and do not what to do with our own children and to love others by practicing through them. It can be challenging especially if we didn’t win the jackpot but if we try to find what we are grateful for from our family then we too can find gratefulness about ourselves.
I’m grateful for The Addams Family who have a complex dynamic framework that we can follow for our own family and ourselves. I gathered up a few scenes from their movies describing how close of a webbed family they are.
- First of all Morticia and Gomez show their unconditional love for each other through words and actions whether it’s behind closed doors or in front of the entire world.
- They stand out by not blending in with the crowd. Not looking for other people’s approval of how to live their lives.
- The adults go over and beyond to be part of the children’s lives, whether it’s just having dinner with them, teaching them a new skill or helping out on school projects with fun over the top ideas.
- They throw the most extravagant fun parties for each other! After a hard days work doesn’t hurt to let loose and party it out.
- They respect their elderlies, listen to their wise stories and learn from them. And there is no such thing as a nursing home, they live all together under one roof.
- Even when troubles come upon them they stick together finding ways to overcome the obstacle and achieving at the end. They take consideration for their kids well beings through the tough times.
- At the end of it all they are their for each other no matter what.
Make it a point to tell your family members how thankful you are to have them and why, through a text, a letter, over the phone or face to face playing a flying and catch skull game (ok maybe not that far). I am sure they will appreciate it however you reach out to them 🙂